Monday, December 19, 2005

Workin' up the cheer, dude!

Awwwww. I just had my first two carolers EVER in my whole life singing on my doorstep. Two teenage girls in Santa hats singing through about three or four songs at high speed, with a slightly embarrassed expression, twirling their hair awkwardly but still forcing themselves to push out the old "hahahahaha" in "Jingle Bells" and smile sweetly.
Because they were my first (doesn't that sound dirty!), I didn't know the procedures, so the first thing that popped out of me afterwards was "so you want cash or what?"
"You don't have to, only if you want to", one said diplomatically, even though their eyes said quite clearly 'Why the fuck do you think we're making an ass of ourselves out here in the cold? Fork it over, bitch!'
So I gave them each a quid. I hope that's enough to prevent them from egging my house.

No comments: