Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Evil Eye. Oral. Or written, even.

I've been in a foul mood recently, something my poor boyfriend has put up with amazingly patiently, and usually I am not a great believer in slagging people off, but when it gets to the point where THEY. ARE. JUST. BEGGING. FOR. IT., it's really hard to restrain myself. And more often than not I feel bad because it is a really naughty thing to do, but my tolerance does have limits. Maybe because I'm getting old. Maybe because I am getting to the point where I'm losing hope.
Let's say, I can tolerate them if they are far away from me, and I get agitated if I have to be around them... I'd rather, for the sake of my own sanity, surround myself with nice and pleasant people. It makes me a nicer person, too, and I usually haven't got a problem being nice. I actually enjoy it. Yet I am here bitching my head off.
Well, they may have taught us differently in Bible School, the whole shebang about that it's easy to love those loveable and that true saintliness lies in loving the unlovable, but to be honest, I have never applied for the saint job, and I personally am favouring the verse that mentions the not throwing your pearls to swines and wasting your energy on things that aren't worth the effort.
So here I am, kind of handing out verbal nominations for the Darwin Awards, or more like, I wish some people qualified for them, i.e. removed themselves from the gene pool to do mankind a favour.

Stupid people get my goat, usually. I don't mean ordinary stupid people. I mean people so absolutely idiotic and self-absorbed and irresponsible and retarded that I want to bang my head against a wall until I am no longer capable of perceiving them.

No comments: