Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Dancing Barefoot!

Yay, I just found out that they finally sell Wil Wheaton's Dancing Barefoot at the German and UK amazon!!!!!!



I am really happy for Wilster...incredible, just recently he was shipping the books out of his living room. I was a bit frustrated cos I don't have a credit card, so I missed out on the Monolith edition... and even the signed copies.
But now that O'Reilly have taken it on, it is internationally available... I can finally go for it!!!! YAAAAAY!

I have read most of the stories on his blog, and they are hella sweet, but he has rewritten them, and I don't think I ever read the ending of the SpongeBob VegasPants Saga.

The thing with this book and Wil is, he has really inspired me to go back to my writing and work harder, and even find the joy in it again, which I had lost due to the depression in the past years.
Writing is who I am and what makes me happy and complete. I think this is what I was born to do. I don't know if I am particularly good at it, but I do enjoy it.

The other thing with those stories is that they are a lot like Chicken Soup for the Soul... they are inspiring and make you want to be a better person, living your life to the fullest, treasuring what you have in life and absorb it.
I am a little too old to be a fangirl, but I have admired Wil for so long, and I don't think a minute of it was wasted. He is a terrific guy.

Bless yer cotton socks! :D

No comments: