Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Paying it foward...

Wil, who has finally finished his second book - which I can't wait to get my hands on!!! - has finally set up the PayPal page which enables non-Americans to chip in a little to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's marathon he and his wife Anne will participate in in June.

For those of you who don't know the story, Anne's friend Kris who is a mother and wife and apparently a wicked awesome person, was diagnosed with Leukemia and undergoes treatment right now.
Wil has already raised about $18,000 to help fund cancer research, but his goal is $25,000.

Wil and Anne have done this before, when they participated in the Avon 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk, where they managed to raise around $17,000. I totally admire them for their kindness and effort and social conscience.
Wil's site has really helped me in the past years to get my head out of my arse, motivate and inspire me.
I have found many friends on that site, including Milla and Mike, and incredible support, and it has taught me a lot. In fact, if it weren't for the amazing people on this site, I wouldn't have started the antidepressants, which have literally given me my life back. I really want to give something back now. It's a way to be part of something bigger, and to break out of the powerlessness of being an individual...to actually make a difference...


I don't want to guilt-trip anyone into anything, but if you find it in your heart to even just contribute a pound or so, that would be wicked. Even little makes a huge difference. Dad and me will definitely throw in some money.

Thank you people! xxx

No comments: